Wednesday, April 13, 2022

                                             FROM QUARANTINE


Although our life is less than exciting I am doing a blog anyway.  Perhaps I should call it the "blog from boredom."

We discovered that our quarantine hotel is brand new and opened the day we came.  As far as I can tell the only guests are isolating.   The room is very nice but one feature causes me to wonder if the Portuguese are perhaps a bit quirky.  Along side the bed is a window that can be opened allowing a full view into the shower and the toilet beyond.  Thus one can lie in bed and watch one's partner shower, or fulfill other needs.



The food from room service is good but definitely Portuguese.  Seafood predominates.  I haven't seen a wine list and the wines they send are always from the Douro.

From the balcony we can chat with our neighbours on either side.  One neighbour is a retired cop from London who travels the world on cruiseships giving lectures on police work.  He said his best lecture was from his time in Colombia chasing Escobar.

This morning two rapid tests appeared outside our door.  We both tested negative but I don't know what that means as I assume we must test negative on a test that can be validated.  I am now wondering if perhaps I had a false positive as I can't imagine how I could have Covid and not pass it along to Betty.

1 comment: